3.03.2008

My Best Friend & Mother-To-Be!

I've known Amanda since first grade. Yeah, FIRST GRADE! Loooooong time. We grew up together pulling each other's hair, having slumber parties...all that good stuff. And since I'm an only child she is practically a sister to me. Seeing her get married was hard enough - you know, with the whole growing up thing and sharing her with her husband :) And now she's pregnant!!! Sooooooo unbelievable to me! She makes a beautiful mother-to-be, and I know her and Aaron will make amazing parents!

So I paid them a little visit this weekend to take some photos of the belly and loooove how they turned out. She's due in three weeks, and I plan on taking a gazillion of photos of their little boy! Thanks for letting me take photos Amanda - love you! - Laura



Amanda was such a trooper in high school, posing for me for every crazy photo shoot I thought up. The left photo was taken almost 8 years ago when I was experimenting with silhouettes and I really wanted to do another one with her belly. As you can tell :) the photo on the right is the current day preggers Amanda.




Amanda is now outnumbered by her male family members (their dog scout is a boy :) And of course Scout, the dog, wanted to get in the portrait!









I HAD to take a photo of their first-born :) Let's hope he doesn't get too jealous with the new addition to the family!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Laura! You always do such a wonderful job with any subject you shoot. Aaron and I (and now the baby!) are soooo lucky to have such a talented friend. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job! We can't wait to see what you can do with the baby.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Great job! Always knew Amanda was photogenic (I've seen your work before) but you really captured Aaron's happiness. I am looking forward to pics of our new little guy! Thanks again,vh